We Represent Injured Parties In A Wide Range Of Personal Injury Cases
Were you injured as a result of someone else’s negligence, carelessness, mistake or intentional action? Have you lost a loved one in a fatal injury accident? Then you may have a valid personal injury or wrongful death claim for compensation:
- Personal injury: Personal injury refers to any injury to a person, physical or mental, including a broken bone, a scar, post-traumatic stress disorder, paralysis or death that occurs as a result of someone else’s negligence.
- Wrongful death: When a family member is injured or killed as a result of the negligence of another, the injured person or the surviving children, parents or siblings have the right to file a personal injury lawsuit seeking compensation for that loss.
If you wish to discuss your potential claim with a Brooklyn injury lawyer, please contact us online. We offer a free consultation.
The Advantages Of Working With An Attorney
Your personal injury claim is your only opportunity to obtain full compensation for your loss. Our experienced personal injury lawyers will provide the jury with a compelling presentation of evidence of negligence and the value of your claim for medical treatments, lost income, permanent disability, long-term care, and pain and suffering. Without the help of an experienced attorney, you may not get all of the compensation you are entitled to receive.
Here are some reasons why Lozner & Mastropietro should be your personal injury law firm:
- Experience: Our attorneys practice personal injury law exclusively and offer more than 50 years of combined experience in the field. We have handled thousands of personal injury cases and recovered millions of dollars for our clients in claims and lawsuits for personal injury in the New York City courts.
- Dealing with insurance companies: Realistically, it is the insurance companies that actually pay the compensation for most personal injury cases. Insurance company lawyers represent most personal injury defendants. These corporate lawyers try to minimize any payout. However, our Brooklyn lawyers and staff have prior insurance company experience and are familiar with their strategies and tactics. We have a proven track record of successful negotiations against corporate insurance companies and their lawyers.
- Trial experience: Corporate insurance lawyers know our attorneys are ready and willing to take our cases to trial, have successfully tried many cases to verdict, and will not settle for less than full compensation for our clients. For this reason, our lawyers are often able to obtain excellent results through pretrial negotiations, saving our clients the stress of going to court.
Contact Our Brooklyn Personal Injury Lawyers
If you or a loved one has been injured as a result of a personal injury accident, or you simply need more information, please call us at 917-920-9431 or use our online contact form to schedule a free consultation.
- Learn more about personal injury law and the civil justice system: http://www.peopleoverprofits.org/
- Read more about your personal injury rights and the civil justice system: http://www.centerjd.org/
Frequently Asked Questions about Personal Injury
Do I have a case?
It is hard to say whether you have a case or not until we gather all the facts. If you or your loved one has been injured as a result of someone elses negligence, contact Lozner & Mastropietro as soon as possible so we can assist you in discovering whether you have a valid claim. We take personal injury cases on a contingency basis, which means, if we succeed on your behalf, we are paid a percentage of the award and reimbursed for our expenses.
How much compensation could I expect for my personal injury claim?
The value of your personal injury claim will be based upon factors such as the extent of your bodily injury, the cause of your injury, the permanency of the injury, the manner in which the injury affects your everyday life and all expenses incurred by you as a result of the injury.
Should I contact a lawyer if I’ve suffered an injury or a loved one has died as a result of someone else’s negligence, carelessness or mistake?
Yes. Personal injury and wrongful death cases can be complex and consume significant time and resources. Lozner & Mastropietro has the resources and experience to prosecute your case effectively.
Can I take my time contacting a lawyer?
No. There are statutes of limitations for personal injury cases. This means that you have only a certain amount of time to file a lawsuit in a personal injury or wrongful death case. If the city, state or other government agency is responsible for the injury, then you have an even shorter time to give notice of a lawsuit. Once that time runs out, even if you have a valid claim, you will not be allowed to file a lawsuit.
Who can sue when a loved one dies?
Parents, siblings, spouses and children can sue when a loved one dies as a result of someone elses negligence.
What is negligence?
Negligence is the failure to use reasonable care or failure to use the same degree of care that a reasonable person would use under the same circumstances. Evidence of negligence is the basis for liability in most personal injury and wrongful death cases.