Experienced Legal Advocacy In The Full Range Of Medical Malpractice Cases
Do you suspect a member of your family has been injured through medical malpractice?
There are strict time limits for filing medical malpractice cases. Protect your rights by consulting with an experienced medical malpractice lawyer as soon as you suspect there is a problem. Call us at 718-615-0044 or email our Brooklyn firm and tell us about your case.
Medical Negligence: An Epidemic
Medical malpractice is considered an epidemic that continues to spread in the United States today. Recent studies show patients in the U.S. reported higher rates of medical errors and more unorganized doctor visits than patients in five other developed countries.
- There are more deaths as a result of medical errors every year than AIDS, breast cancer and auto accidents combined.
- Over 1.3 million people are injured due to medication errors every year.
- Up to 98,000 people die from medical errors every year, including failure to diagnose.
- 34 percent of U.S. patients received improper treatment, wrong medication or delayed test results during the last two years.
Medical Malpractice Examples
At Lozner & Mastropietro, our New York City medical malpractice attorneys are dedicated to helping victims of medical and hospital negligence and their families recover full compensation. Patients and their families may be compensated when they are injured or killed as a result of medical malpractice and medical errors. To be successful with a medical malpractice personal injury or wrongful death case, the attorney must prove that the medical provider failed to do something that should have been done or did something that should not have been done; and that error caused injury or death to the patient.
We Only Collect If You Do
We take all medical malpractice cases on a contingency fee base, which means we only get paid if we help you obtain a recovery. If you have been injured or a loved one was killed as a result of a failure to diagnose, medical malpractice or hospital negligence, or you simply need more information, please call us at 917-920-9431 or tell us about your case online.
- Information about New York state doctors: http://www.nydoctorprofile.com/search_parameters.jsp
- Learn about doctors who have been disciplined or to research your doctor’s track record: http://www.op.nysed.gov/opsearches.htm#nme
- Research medical information: http://medlineplus.gov/
- Learn about professional misconduct and physician discipline: http://www.health.state.ny.us/nysdoh/opmc/main.htm
- Get information on the quality of a hospital or doctor: http://www.healthgrades.com/
- Information about medical malpractice from the Center for Justice and Democracy: http://www.centerjd.org/
- Information about heart attacks: http://heart.healthcentersonline.com/