Can accident injuries can last a lifetime and have an ongoing and lasting impact on car accident victims and their families. It is useful for these victims and their families to be familiar with the common types of car accident injuries and the legal options protecting them.
There are several common types of car accident injuries victims may suffer including:
- Whiplash – whiplash injuries are strains to the ligaments and tendons and are a type of soft tissue injury that can be sustained in car accidents.
- Bruises and contusions – bruises and contusions are not uncommon car accident injuries.
- Neck and back injuries – neck and back injuries, including ruptured discs, are injuries victims commonly sustain in car accidents.
- Traumatic brain injuries and concussions – traumatic brain injuries and concussions are common head injuries victims of car accidents may sustain by hitting their heads during a car accident.
- Broken bones and fractures – there are a variety of ways the victim’s skeleton may be placed under stress and pressure during a car accident which can lead to broken bones and serious fractures.
- Internal bleeding and organ damage – the force of a car accident can cause serious internal injuries which can lead to internal bleeding. Victims can also suffer organ damage.
- Post traumatic stress disorder and emotional damages – emotional damages can also be suffered by victims of car accidents because of the trauma of the accident. Damages can include PTSD and other emotional damages.
The different types of car accident injuries typically fall in three categories of physical, financial and emotional injuries. A personal injury claim for damages can assist car accident victims in pursuing compensation for their damages from the negligent driver responsible for their suffering.